Princeton University, Princeton, NJ | Adviser: Gabriel A. Vecchi
- Ph.D student in Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences, September 2019-present
- M.A. in Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences, September 2021
Peking University, Beijing, China | Adviser: Yongyun Hu, Xinyu Wen
- M.S. in Physical Oceanography, July 2019
- B.S. in Atmospheric Sciences, July 2016
- (To be submitted) Wang, C., Soden, B. J., Yang, W., Vecchi, G. A, Zhang, B. & Chan, D. Diagnose the factors that contribute to the intermodel spread of climate feedback in CMIP6.
- Hsieh, T. L., Zhang, B., Yang, W., Vecchi, G. A., Zhao, M., Soden, B. J., & Wang, C. (2023). The Influence of Large-Scale Radiation Anomalies on Tropical Cyclone Frequency. Journal of Climate, 1-24. (doi.org/10.1175/JCLI-D-22-0449.1)
- Liu, M., Soden, B. J., Vecchi, G. A., & Wang, C. (2023). The spread of ocean heat uptake efficiency traced to ocean salinity. Geophysical research letters, 50(4), e2022GL100171. (doi.org/10.1029/2022GL100171)
- Wang, C., Soden, B. J., Yang, W., & Vecchi, G. A. (2021). Compensation between cloud feedback and aerosol-cloud interaction in CMIP6 models. Geophysical Research Letters, 48, e2020GL091024. (doi.org/10.1029/2020GL091024)
- Wang, C., Hu, Y., Wen, X., Zhou, C., & Liu, J. (2020). Inter-model spread of the climatological annual mean Hadley circulation and its relationship with the double ITCZ bias in CMIP5. Climate Dynamics, 55(9), 2823-2834. (doi.org/10.1007/s00382-020-05414-z)
- TA, (GEO425) Introduction to Ocean Physics for Climate, Princeton University, Fall 2021
- TA, Fluid Dynamics, Peking University, Fall 2017
- Reviewer for Geophysical Research Letter, Journal of Climate, Climate Dynamics and Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences
- Organizer, Princeton AOS Workshop on Climate Tipping Point, July 2021
- Mentor for Undergraduates, School of Physics, Peking University, Fall 2017 - Spring 2019
- Wang, C., Feng, J., Menzel, R., & Paynter, D. “Using Neural Network to Emulate the Radiative Transfer” AGU Fall meeting. Chicago. Dec 2022. Poster Presentation. (OUTSTANDING STUDENT PRESENTATION AWARDS (OSPA))
- Wang, C., Soden, B. J., Yang, W., Vecchi, G. A., & Zhang, B. “Diagnose the SST contribution to the intermodel spread of climate feedbacks in CMIP6” AGU Fall meeting. Chicago. Dec 2022. Poster Presentation.
- Wang, C., Chan, D., Soden, B. J., Yang, W., & Vecchi, G. A. “Using the Interhemispheric Asymmetry of Warming to Constrain the Climate Sensitivity.” AGU Fall meeting. New Orleans. Dec 2021. Oral Presentation.
- Wang, C., Soden, B. J., Yang, W., & Vecchi, G. A. “Intermodel compensation between cloud feedback and aerosol indirect effect in CMIP6.” AGU Fall meeting. Online. Dec 2020. Oral Presentation.
- Wang, C., Hu, Y., Wen, X. “Model performances in simulating the Hadley Circulation and its trends in CMIP5 simulations.” AGU Fall meeting. Washington, D.C. Dec 2018. Poster Presentation.
- Wang, C., Hu, Y., Wen, X. “Relationship between the Hadley Circulation and Mid-latitude SST in CMIP5 Simulations.” AGU Fall meeting. New Orleans. Dec 2017. Poster Presentation.
- Wang, C., Hu, Y., Wen, X. “Correlation between Intensity of the Hadley Circulation and Asian and Australian Monsoon Circulations in Summer.” AOGS Annual Meeting. Beijing. Aug 2016. Poster Presentation (Awarded Best Student Poster).